Upcoming Happenings + Events
- This event has passed.
Food for Fitness
October 12th, 2021 @ 6:00 PM - 7:45 PM
FOOD FOR LIFE | Online Plant-Based Cooking & Nutrition Class
Fall 2021: Tuesday evening, October 12 from 6:30 – 7:45 p.m. ET on Zoom
Improve your health, maintain a healthy weight, and manage or eliminate chronic health conditions by adopting a plant-based diet. Gain energy for physical activities and boost your recovery rate.
Food for Fitness explores how a plant-based diet can improve athletic performance and help you to become more fit, no matter your age, skills, or experience. Eating a whole-food, vegan diet can also reduce inflammation, improving your recovery rate between workouts.
- See a short video with medical experts covering plant-based nutrition studies related to physical fitness
- Learn why animal foods like meat, dairy, poultry, eggs, and fish can be detrimental to your health
- Understand the benefits of eating a high fiber, vegan diet and become familiar with various plant-based sources of protein
- Watch a cooking demonstration to build knowledge and skills
- Learn how to make three plant-based recipes you can enjoy at home
- Explore useful resources and handouts related to plant-based eating and fitness