Upcoming Happenings + Events
Foods for Digestive Health
Wednesday, October 6th @ 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM
FOOD FOR LIFE | Online Plant-Based Cooking & Nutrition Class
Fall 2021: Wednesday evening, October 6 from 6:30 – 7:45 p.m. ET on Zoom
Improve your health, maintain a healthy weight, and manage or eliminate chronic health conditions by adopting a plant-based diet.
Foods for Digestive Health reviews how a plant-based diet can improve and even eliminate digestive tract conditions, such as GERD/heartburn, IBS/Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBD/Crohn’s/ulcerative colitis, and gallstones. Eating a whole-food, plant-based diet can reduce your risk of colon cancer and improve your overall wellness by establishing a healthier gut.
- See a short video with medical experts covering plant-based nutrition studies related to digestive tract conditions and diseases
- Learn about the bacteria in your intestines and their impact on your health
- Discover how dairy milk and meaty meals can negatively impact your gut health
- Find out about cancer-causing carcinogens present in grilled meat, poultry, and fish
- Discover how a fiber-rich diet based on plant foods can alleviate many GI tract conditions, including hemorrhoids
- Watch a cooking demonstration to build knowledge and skills
- Learn how to make three recipes you can enjoy at home
- Explore useful resources and handouts related to plant-based eating and digestive health