Upcoming Happenings + Events
Tackling Hormone-related Cancers
Monday, October 25th @ 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM
FOOD FOR LIFE | Online Plant-Based Cooking & Nutrition Class
Fall 2021: Monday evening, October 25 from 6:30 – 7:45 p.m. ET on Zoom
Improve your health, maintain a healthy weight, and manage or eliminate chronic health conditions by adopting a plant-based diet. Lower your risk of certain types of cancer with healthy vegan nutrition.
Tackling Hormone-Related Cancers reveals how a plant-based diet, built on whole (unprocessed) foods, can lessen the risk of hormone-related cancers, such as breast, ovarian, and uterine cancer in women, and prostate and testicular cancer in men. This class will focus on low-fat, high-fiber foods to reduce the risk for cancer and help enhance survival for those who have been diagnosed.
- See a short video with medical experts covering plant-based nutrition studies related to hormone-related cancers
- Learn why animal foods like meat, dairy, poultry, eggs, and fish can be detrimental to your health
- Understand the benefits of eating a high fiber, anti-inflammatory vegan diet that is low in fat
- Watch a cooking demonstration to build knowledge and skills
- Learn how to make three plant-based recipes you can enjoy at home
- Explore useful resources and handouts related to plant-based eating